1) Craftable doors. Smashed doors have a chance of dropping hinges and door knobs.
2) Open doors now block vision/collide at their new angle.
3) Professions and traits - initial character customization.
4) Cooking food. Fully functional ovens.
5) Food now goes bad. Refrigerators slow down the process. Eat consumables first!
6) Chance of illness if eating spoilt or uncooked food.
7) Bored and depressed moodles. Read books or magazines or go for a stroll outside to relieve boredom (more later). Eating cooked meals also reduces boredom / depression.
8) Curtains. Block view into building without needing barricades. Sheets can be used to make makeshift curtains.
9) Various bug/crash fixes. Notably no more fire crashes.
10) Burglar alarm on a couple of random buildings on the map.
11) Barricading and crafting etc now takes time to complete. Alterable by different traits.
12) A few more foods and cooking apparatus / crafting recipes.
That may look small for a big update, but let me assure, many of those updates are quite significant, particularly #3 Professions and traits. There has been many other possible additions mentioned, but it doesn't look like they are going to get into this patch. They have a lot planned, like friendly npcs, a larger map, a longer story segment, more weapons, more craft-able items, but they promise that the update following the update on sunday will not take nearly as long as this one took. I hope all of their troubles are over, some day I may join the many who have invested in Project Zomboid. Thanks for reading and for additional information, I refer you to the main website or the forums. Will report back with more news on this enjoyable and promising zombie survival game when more news shows itself.
Official update post: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/index.php/2011/08/update-coming-end-of-weekend-at-latest/
-Written by Sean Cargle